How We’re Staying Safe
Safety is always our top priority at Therien Martial Arts & Fitness Centre. We’re taking a number of steps to ensure we can all train safely and still have fun. This includes:
- Limiting class sizes to only 10 students.
- A thorough cleaning of the training areas and equipment between all classes.
- Changing the format of classes and style of training to eliminate physical contact.
We also have a number of protocols in place that we’re asking all students and parents to review and understand:
- All students are asked to wait outside until 5 minutes before class.
- No spectators are permitted, except for parents/guardian supervision of children under 18. All spectators must wear a mask and maintain physical distancing; however, there is limited space inside the dojo, so unfortunately, we cannot guarantee a spot for all parents.
- A COVID-19 screening will be administered for everybody entering the dojo. This includes taking temperatures. Anybody with a temperature outside of the healthy range will not be allowed to enter.
- After entering the dojo, students should sanitize their hands with the sanitizer provided, then proceed directly to their training square.
- All students will have a designated training square that will include their own equipment to use.
- Masks must be worn at all times inside the dojo, except for when inside your designated training area.
If you have any questions or suggestions on how we can improve our processes to increase safety, we’d love to hear from you. Please don’t hesitate to contact us.