It’s all about Respect!
Dojo Etiquette and Rules
All students and guests are asked to review the rules of the dojo before class. If you have any questions or concerns, we encourage you to follow-up with any of our instructors.
- Arrive at least 5 minutes before class
- Bow before and after getting onto the mat
- Bow to your partner before and after you begin training with them
- Start and end class with your gi in neat condition and belt tied properly
- Move and talk quietly while waiting for your class to begin, so as not to disturb any classes in progress
- Bullying and hurtful behaviour in any form is not tolerated
Always treat everyone how you wish to be treated
- No chewing gum on the mat
- No jewellery or watches on the mat
- Only practice techniques that your instructor has demonstrated
- Do not use any training equipment without proper instruction and supervision
- Stop working immediately when instructed to do so
Always listen to the instructor in charge of your class
- Personal hygiene is a must!
- Toenails and fingernails must be trimmed at all times
- Long hair should be tied back
- Avoid any wearing anything with a strong scent
Always have a clean gi